Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Bobby - CP 7

I am a bit disappointed to say that I have not been able to contact anyone but Sangwook for my CP meetings. Not that I don't enjoy hanging out with Sangwook, but I wish Abdullah or Fahad (both of whom I only met with once) would stay in contact. That being said, I met Sangwook yesterday for an impromptu walk around campus, during which we got some coffee, went to the bank, and went to the bookstore. As we know each other pretty well at this point, we are past "small talk" and can finally discuss things as friends. I had been in the library all day before we met up, so I was ready for a break. We met in front of Strozier and got some chai tea lattes at Starbucks. I had to explain to him that "chai" in America was different from "chai" elsewhere. For example, the Russian word for "tea" sounds like "chai." I guess this is the same in Korean, because I don't think he was expected his drink to taste as it did. Following this confusion, we went to Suntrust because I had to deposit a check. Along the way, he explained to me that he had a presentation to prepare for, but that he hadn't done all the research yet. I persuaded him to try and tell me about his presentation. It was on the "history of the Korean letter", or so he said. I took that to mean the Korean written language. He was already very knowledgable about this topic, and I assured him that he would give a great presentation. We also talked about how we're both excited for the Jingle Bell Run, and he laughed when I said I'm going to smoke the competition. :) This led to a discussion on Christmas traditions and how they differ in our respective countries.

I still need three more CP meetings. I think I'll go to the International Dinner on Friday night and force Fahad or Abdullah to speak with me...

1 comment: