Monday, December 16, 2013

Moses Tutoring #4


In my third session with Rafael, we went over his fleshing out of the outline.  He had done a good job, but had problems with transitions phrases, and subject-verb-object agreement.  Although a really wanted to, I did not correct his phrases or agreements, but we went through the outline sentence by sentence and I asked him to pick out the things that did not sound quite right.  He caught about 80%, and we worked on correcting those.  The ones that he did not catch, I did not say anything of the first run through.  We then went back through and read it sentence by sentence aloud a second time.  He caught some of the problems, but I pointed out the rest and asked him what might sound better.  In most cases he was able to make reasonable corrections.  In the ones that he could not, we talked about possible ideas and he chose what he preferred and by the time we finished, his paper was well on the way.  We had to abandon our third session because I had my culture class the next day and we agreed that he could do the “final polish” on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment