Sunday, December 8, 2013

Bobby - CP 9

Ryan and I did the Jingle Bell Run last night at the suggestion of Lacey from the CIES reception desk. It was really horrible weather, but very fun regardless. I ran into several people I'd seen from around the Center, including my buddy Sangwook, who I have been hanging out with quite a bit. I only found him after the run...he was exhausted. I don't think he's much of a runner. I asked him how it went and he could barely speak! I helped him find water before introducing him to some friends that we did the race with. We talked about running and races, how I've done quite a few and really enjoy the sport, and how he would much prefer to watch it on TV. :) Nonetheless, I hope it was a good, cultural experience for him. I told him that things like this were quite common in the US during the holidays. Having a race (especially during a big festival like the one downtown) is a great way to get a lot of people together and into the holiday spirit. Sangwook was winded the whole time we were talking, so I eventually stopped forcing him to speak and let him rest for a bit. Before we parted ways, we agreed to meet one more time to say our goodbyes before the semester gets out.

No comments:

Post a Comment