Monday, December 9, 2013

David_CP#8

Like in my previous post, this too was a first meeting with this conversation partner. He had been here for a while, so he knew his way around campus, so we decided to meet at Atomic Coffee. He very much so liked coffee, so we started talking about places to buy and drink coffee in Tallahassee and surrounding areas. With the exception of Starbucks and Atomic, he had not gone to any other coffee places. He didn’t know there were others. I told him about a few places, and we are going to try out a few places in the future. He had not been up to Thomasville yet, and I know of a very good coffee place up there, so we are going to try and plan a trip. Naturally that turned into a conversation about food. He asked me what I considered American food. He was curious because he said he had gotten a lot of different answers from a lot of different Americans, and he was kind of taking a poll to see what the most popular idea was. I told him that I think BBQ was a good place to start, and I gave him some examples of that I was talking about exactly, and where to get some. We talked a little about school and what he wanted to do and where he wanted to study… just the usual getting to know you stuff, though we won’t have much time to do things seeing as he is leaving soon. But we can still do things till then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment