Monday, December 9, 2013

Paul TP- CIES - #3

On Wednesday November 20, I met with Badar, Ulisses, and Joelle for a group tutoring session. This time we met at around 3:30 pm. I had them write sentences using different tenses (including simple present, present continuous, simple past, past perfect, simple future). I told them they could write a little story or that the sentences could vary if they wanted them to.
I let them write for about ten minutes, answering occasional questions that they had. For example, Joelle wrote "had went" in a sentence and asked me if it was ok, so I went over it with her and with Ulisses and Badar just in case they didn't know. Badar said it wasn't right, but I had to explain to them what was right and why.
After they finished up writing, I went over each of their sentences as a group. I just used my own paper and pen to rewrite sentences with corrections. They did well for the most part, but we focused a little more on the past and past perfect sentences. I think the other tenses are a little easy for them now! This tutoring ended up being more about the simple past and the past perfect, and when to use which one. It seemed to be helpful!
Badar ended up writing about smoking hookah in his house! Joelle and Ulisses wrote sentencecs out instead of a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment