Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Bobby - TP 12

I was able to complete my final TP session with my favorite TP partner of this whole experience: Jun! I think he and his mother were happy to have me twice more for my last couple of sessions, and I was really grateful that they were so willing to help me out and have me tutor Jun.

We started by reading from his Captain Underpants book again. I asked Jun to give me a summary of what we had read previously, and he did this with surprising accuracy. I was impressed. Then we did what we normally do: Jun would read through the book and I would stop him along the way to either ask him questions, sound out words, or define new vocabulary. We also talked a lot about acronyms, because he didn't know what NASA meant. I explained acronyms by using ones that I thought he would understand: GES (his school), USA, UFO. I hope it was clear enough! After this, we went through a chapter about animals in his science textbook. He read about animals with and without backbones, and I had to explain what a backbone was. As usual, I continued to ask Jun comprehension questions along the way. He was more focused than normal, so I appreciated this for our last session.

No comments:

Post a Comment