Monday, December 9, 2013

Paul TP PJ #3

P.J. and I met up on Wednesday November 6th and had some reading and some math to do. We established during that last week that we would split the time up a little bit differently so that we could include math in the lesson plan. I did not know what level of math P.J. was in, but after working on some exercises of word problems, I was able to figure it out for the next time. P.J. seemed to only focus on the math aspect of the word problem. We spent 40 minutes going over reading, and twenty minutes on math. I was able to cover several math problems, but that was because some were too easy for P.J.! As his mom said, it's the reading comprehension part that he was struggling with. With each of page we read in the reading part of the lesson, I asked him comprehension questions. Sometimes he would have to go back to the book to find the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment