Monday, December 9, 2013

Paul CP #5

I met with Ulisses as a new conversation partner. I had emailed Jennifer Dickinson about not having enough, and I ended up meeting with him too! We met on campus (at CIES). I had no idea what to do since both of us had no appetite! I ended up taking him to Panera since he had never heard of it. Understanding him was a little more difficult than understanding Marcos and Badar. I think he has a decent grasp of the language, but his accent is pretty strong. We ended up getting tea at Panera. I payed for his (pay it forward!) and we sat there and just hung out. It was fun. We talked more about his interest in engineering and we also talked about our families some. While talking about the tea, we had a moment in which we had to figure out how to relay the message of "bitter" to each other. Since he didn't know the word, it was hard for me to understand what he meant. But after about 2 minutes of him explaining, I figured it out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment