Monday, December 16, 2013

Moses CP #3


Eric and I had a conversation session with my housemate, Terri, at Sweet Rack Rib Shack.  We talked about his classes, his efforts toward citizenship, his home country of The Ivory Coast, his wife that is coming in two weeks, and many other things.  I found out that he already had a college degree in the Ivory Coast and had worked as a sales manager in a store that sounded like an equipment department store in the Ivory Coast.  He said that it sold everything from chain saws to motorcycles.  Here, he works as a housekeeping manager at the Doubletree and attends college.  We also talked about the problems I had acquiring a copy of my naturalization papers so that I could get a passport several years ago.  Once we got around to ordering, we discussed what a lot of the items were on the menu because they were unfamiliar to him.  Overall, we had a great time, I learned a lot about his country and he learned many things about the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment