Monday, December 16, 2013

Moses Tutoring #12


The second session of tutoring James went very well.  We reviewed the words from the first session and used them in very short conversations.  I worked with him on the past tense version of different verbs; want – wanted, need – needed, go – went, come – came, etc.  We also went around the room and I asked him what things he knew the name of.  The ones that he did not know, I gave him the names and we put up post-it notes on those items.  I also gave him a second vocabulary list of 20 words and we went through and discussed them.  After I explained what the words were, I let him put the meanings on the worksheet I created.  We talked about how to use these words, along with the items with the post-it notes and his first vocabulary list together.  Although the TEFL class is over, he and I plan to continue tutoring sessions for a while.  He is a very excited student and I really want to help him speak more fluently.

No comments:

Post a Comment