Monday, December 16, 2013

Moses CP #8


Eric invited me over for a special Ivory Coast style meal.  Upon arrival, he offered me a cold drink, and asked if I could discuss with him his ideas about which academic path to pursue, and the employment opportunities each might afford.  His apartment is quite small, but he say it’s all he needs for himself and when his wife is granted her resident permit, he may find a larger unit in the building.  He told me his apartment meets minimal American standards, but it is affordable for him, near the Star Metro, and there are other residents from Africa with whom he has a support system.  He borrows a bike from a neighbor in order to ride to work on Sunday and another, who has a car, gives him a ride to places off the bus route.  For dinner he prepared a one pot of fish, beef and chicken with carrots and potatoes.  He took quite a lot of time telling me ho to brown the onions and meat before combining all ingredients into the stew.  He brought with him a special very hot spice that made the meal just delicious.  At the conclusion of our evening, I really didn’t want to leave, Eric is a nice host and a great cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment