Monday, December 9, 2013

Paul CP #8

Badar and I hung out again the Friday before Thanksgiving. We almost went to what was once Monk's and is now Wells Brothers (locally famous for their burgers). But I'm glad I asked him what he does and does not eat. It turns out that Muslims can eat beef, but only if it's "halaal," killed for Allah. He explained it to me before we went... So we ended up going to Jimmy John's! He got a turkey sandwich. I'm glad we went there instead of a place that served alcohol, as I found out they he does not drink alcohol either! He invited me to go to his place after to go smoke hookah with some of his friends. I went, but I left soon after. It was cool though because even though his friend who also speaks Arabic was there, they both spoke in English (for the most part). I can definitely say I learned a lot about his culture that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment