Wednesday, December 4, 2013

David_TP#7

This lesson was part two from the lesson from a week before. Today’s lesson was based on reading. We used the words we went over last time, and read them in some dialog that I made at home. There were still some words they didn’t know, but that was ok, I just noted them down, and kept going. It was easier for them to get into a rhythm this time, because they were familiar with much of the vocabulary.  After someone was finished reading a dialog, I would ask them about the words in there that we went over the last lesson. I was trying to get the familiar with these words. If they got used to seeing these words and comfortable with how they sound and look, I thought it would be easier to latch on to. This is all in the plan to get to the standard seven time is different contexts.  
I would ask the rest of them if they agreed with the answer he gave, and thus generated much debate and discussion at times. I would also make note of major tone errors. Not any a lot of them, just the ones I knew they could grasp fairly easily. This went over well, and they eagerly re read the passage until they got it. The others there would also work on it. Seeing as they are all from Kuwait, they had many of the same errors. This actually was a good thing, because after a little while they started error correcting each other when they heard something that they knew was off. It worked out really well, because hopefully they can continue doing that during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment