Wednesday, December 4, 2013

David_TP#5

For today’s lesson, I planned something a little different for us to go over. I noticed in the past, that we were getting caught up on some of the vocabulary, and getting bogged down in some of the details and missing the big picture. I planned a two part lesson. This was the first part, and it focused in vocabulary. I have printed out a list of the words/phrases I wanted to go over, and gave a copy of them to everyone there. Words like: what a small word, good taste, wind chill, to have a car services, cough, hemming and various others. 
I went through each one of these and modeled the words in sentences of my own for them to see. I actually have on average three or four variations. I also wanted them to read the sentences I had written, and work on saying the words and getting comfortable with them. This seemed to work, and after we went through them all, I asked them to write or say sentences using the vocabulary we had learned. I asked them to look over the words before next time we met, because next time we were going to be doing some reading with these words. I try not to give them much homework, because.. well, I want them to come back, and I think they get enough of that from class... but sometimes it is necessary to have them do a little something.

No comments:

Post a Comment