Monday, December 9, 2013

Nicole CP11 (CIES)

    I took s a brief study break this weekend to go to the Christmas/holiday festivities in downtown  Tallahassee. I missed the jingle bell run but many of CIES students particpated and enjoyed it immensley. I hungout with my Kuwaiti guys, most of whom were leaving to go home to Kuwait the next day. We all watched the parade together. The guys had never seen a Christmas parade before, so this was quite an experiance. Ahmed bought everyone santa hats and we wore them around for the night, they were so excited. I love these kinds of cultural experiances with the guys. It is so fun to do an activity that I take for granted, through the eyes of someone doing it for the first time. We walked around for awhile, chekcing out street vendors and taking it all in. My favorite tutee Ahmed has come out of his shell so much over the past few months, and his progression makes me so happy. He will return to Kuwait for a month, return for a January session, and then go to Caliornia in March. I am happy to get to have more time with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment