Monday, December 16, 2013

Moses CP #9


The next conversation I had with Eric was over Skype.  We talked about different neighborhoods in Tallahassee and where he and his wife might enjoy living.  He had a very long day at work, so we only talked for about thirty minutes.  I figured that before he went back to the Ivory Coast, I would give him one last quiz on idioms.  It had been a little while since we learned these, but Eric is one smart cookie.  He had his idiom meanings down pat.  He had a little bit harder time using them in using them in sentences, but it was a perfect opportunity to practice them and I used “the rule of seven.”  I asked him to come up with seven different sentences for each idiom.  To be honest, it kind of turned into a game and we had a lot of fun. We signed off with a few quips using idioms in funny ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment