Saturday, December 7, 2013

Bobby - CP 8

I went to the International Dinner last night. What a dinner it was! I spoke with many people, some I knew and some I didn't. I saw three of my TPs/CPs: Bruno, Carla, and Fahad. I also spoke with several people I hadn't met previously...students from Kazakhstan, Brazil, Kuwait. It was a really great opportunity to close out the semester and see some people one last time, as well as enjoy foods and experience cultures from all around the world! There were many countries represented on the food line, and I asked people to explain what each thing was. I really liked the flautas from Mexico, brigadeiros from Brazil, and some dish from some Arab country - I didn't know where it was from or what it was called...but as soon as it arrived, all the Kuwaitis flocked to it! I was very boring and brought green bean cassarole, but then again, I think American "cuisine" is boring. I wish there had been more East Asian (Korean, Japanese) food at the dinner. I also wish my friend Sangwook had attended because it would have been nice to say goodbye to him as well! I'll see if he wants to meet one more time before the semester is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment