Monday, December 16, 2013

Moses Tutoring #3


In my second session with Rafael, I read over the initial outline that he had written and discussed with him how it could be improved.  In the outline of the initial paragraph, he had not set out a hypothesis and rambled.  I explained to him the goal of the first paragraph.  He came up with a new outline listing a hypothesis that his country had lovable aspects and listed 3.  In his next paragraph, I had him take the first aspect of his country, compare it to another country that he had visited and concluded that his was superior in his eyes.  We did the same with the outline of the second and third paragraphs covering the next two aspects.  His final paragraph out was to sum up the hypothesis and proofs and end with a strong closing statement.  He said that in his class, he had not understood this method and that I had cleared it up for him considerably.

No comments:

Post a Comment