Monday, December 9, 2013

Paul TP P.J. #4

P.J. and I started off with reading on November 13th. This time though, he asked if I could read every other page. This is when I learned that that is what he has been doing with Greg! I allowed it and actually prefer it! With focusing less on pronunciation, he has been more focused on the comprehension aspect of the readings.  Also, it allowed us a little more time to work on the vocab and math. We ended up talking about a "doorway" in the reading. He did not know what it was, so I should him the two doors in his room, explaining that a doorway is very similar, just without the door!
We started with math in his workbook where we left off. Now that I knew his level, I was able to find word problems that were a little more difficult. I realized that he was only reading the problem only to find the numeric answer. What I mean is that if the answer was 25 pencils, he would find the answer of 25. But I would say "25 what?" and he didn't know the answer. So, I explained to him that these word problems are all like little stories. They have numbers, but they also have a story and key words. The key words help with figure out the equation.

No comments:

Post a Comment