Monday, December 9, 2013

Paul CP #4

I had lunch with Badar on a Thursday. We decided to go to Chik-Fil-A since it's so close to the Eppes building. He is a really nice and polite guy. As we walked, we talked about his courses at CIES. He seems to be doing very well. I think the classes he had in Libya were a little more intense from his descriptions. He then insisted on paying for my Chik-Fil-A meal. I tried saying no, but he kept on insisting. I could have just stayed in line and gone to a different cashier, but I didn't want to be rude. I wasn't sure if that would be offensive to a Libyan or not! Anyways, while eating we talked about gas prices here in the U.S. compared to in Libya. Apparently they have a lot of oil  So, that being said, it's super cheap there. He said they pay less than 50 cents a gallon! I found that absolutely unimaginable! We walked back together to CIES since he had class.

No comments:

Post a Comment