Monday, December 9, 2013

Paul TP CIES #2

On 11/23 I had my second group tutoring session. We met at the CIES building on the 4th floor. However, I learned my lesson quickly that I should not have tried to do the group tutoring session during lunchtime. I was finally able to meet up with Joelle, Badar, and Ulisses at the same time which was nice. I had never gotten the chance to meet up with Joelle, but her English level seemed to be of about the same level as Badar's, which allowed conversing with the three of them to flow a little more smoothly. I did notice that since they all come from different parts of the world, they struggled with understanding each other at times.
For this tutoring session, I asked them to bring work that they felt they might need some help on. We went over presentations they had to do about introducing a friend to the class. Joelle and Badar needed a little bit of help with using articles in their sentences,  but their speaking was overall very good. Ulisses is just the oposite. He struggles more with speaking than with vocabulary and writing. So with him I focused on that, specifically conjugating verbs with the proper subject/verb agreement.
I learned though  that for the next time I would meet with them when food is not involved so we could be more efficient!

No comments:

Post a Comment