Saturday, December 7, 2013

Nicole- CP10 (international dinner)

   As classes wrap up at CIES for the semester my conversation partner invited me to the end of the year celebration. Friday night was the International student dinner in Miller Hall, which was a potluck, award ceremony, performance, and dance session. I attended with my conversation partner, who told me to bring a couple friends. I brought my friend Kat and Hunter who are both considering the TEFL program next semester. Upon arroval we were welcomed warmly by many familiar faces from the CIES crew,  and sat down with Bobby and Ryan. We had the oppurtunity to try some traditional foods from the students native countries, it was absolutely delicious. I ate some of the best chicken masala that I have had in Tallahassee, and enjoyed some tastey Brazilian desserts called Brigadeiro. Brigadeiro is made from condensed milk and chocolate. Once everyone had eaten the students proceeded to perform traditional dances from their countries, teachers sang christmas carols, one instructior performed  duet with his wife, and a few students performed Michael Jackson's Thriller.  The instructors then went on to present awards to the graduating students, and those leaving CIES. This was the highlight of the night, it was so fun to hear a little bit about each student, their progression, and a speech from the recipient. Truly a fun and inspiring night!

No comments:

Post a Comment